Sharpening and whetting the blade
Before the sharpening operation, it is necessary to thoroughly clean the blade so as not to taint the grinding stones with grease.
Follow these instructions if the slicing capacity falls:
N.B: SLICING RISKS. USE CUT AND TEAR RESISTANT PROTECTIVE GLOVES AND PERFORM THE OPERATIONS WITH GREAT CARE.
Art/ 7.2 User Guide.
- Loosen the sharpening blocking knob (1).
- Lift the sharpener and turn it 180° (2).
- Carefully lower the sharpener, the bade will automatically lodge between the two grinding wheels.
- Tighten the knob (3).
- Turn the wheel and at the same time press on the button (4) for about 10-15 seconds.
- Interrupt the rotation and monitor whether a slight rough edge is effectively formed on the blade tip.
- Turn back the wheel and at the same time press for about 5 seconds on two push buttons (5 and 4).
- Return the sharpener to its original position.• Repeat the blade cleaning operation.
NOTE: Do not press excessively (more than 5 seconds) during deburring so that the blade tip is not adversely affected.
Sharpening the blade: regular; the frequency and duration of the sharpening obviously depend on the use of the device (working time and type of product being sliced). Follow these instructions only if the slicing capacity falls.